Thursday 21 August 2014

CRAZY SUMMER TIMES

Hello there my lovely lovely readers!

How are we all? Swell. 
As you can tell from my capitalized title, at the moment my life is a little crazy, but also very exciting. I've done some cool things and I have some cool things coming up so I'm so excited to share them with you, because, you know, you're damn awesome!

First things first i'm the realest, on Tuesday 12th I went to Argos and bought myself a laptop with mum. It was already on offer, and as I work there I did get an employee discount, which made it lovely and cheap cheaper than it would have been. This has been a huge asset to my life, and now I will be writing more on here and posting more photos, because I have a wide screen webcam which is actually alright quality. I haven't had my own proper working laptop for a while before which was a nightmare in sixth form but I made it through. Ironically, I'm now not in education at all (didn't end up going to uni, more about that soon) and I have a laptop.. but that just gives me more opportunities to write which is exciting. I really like Windows 8 too, even though I was somewhat sceptical because a lot of people had been moaning about it but I quite like it.

The following Wednesday, I went to see Russell Howard: Wonderbox live at the Bristol Hippodrome, with that boyfriend of mine, Tim. It was actually amazing and I absolutely loved it. I knew I would love it because I absolutely adore Russell Howard because he's from Bristol and so funny! He's also quite good looking too, just sayin. I bought a new t-shirt to commemorate the evening as well, it was obviously merchandise meaning it was ridiculously overprice for what it was, but it is a really nice top and it fits me well, which is great. Probably one of the best ways to get my mind of my A Level results that were due the following day.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. RESULTS DAY. The day when so many 18 year old's across the UK either do or do not get into Uni and it usually involves a lot of crying and alcohol.
Luckily for me, I didn't really have a passionate NEED to get into university, and I only really applied to have the experience as still don't think i'm sure what I want for a career. So when I logged on to the UCAS website and found out that I wasn't accepted into my first choice university, I wasn't really shocked nor sad. It was more of an 'well that makes sense' as I kind of new that I wasn't going to get the grades I needed because I wasn't THAT great at A Levels and found it really hard to revise and remember piles and piles of information. Saying that, I did get CDD in my three A Levels I took which I was quite pleased with, although I think I would've liked a higher grade than a C in English Language as that was the one subject I knew. Clearly, I don't perform well in exam conditions anyway and with the ex-education secretary, Michael Gove, ruining my A Levels for me half way through them I think I did alright. Now, I'm just on a hunt for a full time job, which is full of exciting possibilities.

During my entire summer, also, I manages to get horrendous bites all over my ankles and they were infected and one made my entire foot swell up and it was gross. The scarring will now live with me for ever.  If you are faint hearted and of a nervous disposition, look away now.


These are my ankles at their worsts. As you can see the left ankle was a lot worse and I could barely walk on it. It was so painful. The ones on my right ankle were just itchy. I know this was the only photos on this relatively lengthy mass of words and I know they aren't the most beautiful of pictures, but I thought i'd share my hell not really i survived but yeah and the damage bloomin' insects can cause!

That's just an update on my life so far and I shall talk to you guys again soon! 
Love you all
MWAH

x

No comments:

Post a Comment